Header

Header

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Porus

 

This is the figure of Porus that appeared as part of the Armies of the Macedonian and Punic Wars range as PBP 6  - for 'Phil Barker Personalities'. 

The model is not taken from the book despite the code designation, but forms part of a small range of 'general' figures.

The figure appears in the Miniature Figurines 72/73 catalogue and the 75 catalogue under the same code. 

There is no code number on the base, instead - in common with all the personality foot figures - the base is marked with a name: in this case Porus. 

Minifigs retained the spelling from the AMPW book - Porus - as opposed to the more usual Poros, although the figure does not appear in the book as an illustration.

I've been after this chap for a while and was pleased to get him. The model had been used as a standard bearer and had a home-made standard attached with contact adhesive.

The pose is obviously based on a standard bearer and I'm not completely confident that this example isn't missing something. However, there's no sign of cutting or re-modelling as far as I can tell, so perhaps this is as they came. I shall keep an eye out for another example.


3 comments:

  1. He’s a nice slender figure… he looks a bit like he is waving.
    Are you going to paint him?

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is waving - it's very odd! Will he get painted? Probably once I've managed to get a few Indians together. They're not easy to find though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have this figure, not knowing who he was. My version I'm sure was holding a staff which went from his hand down to the base where it was attached. I think I'm remembering correctly, but it was at least 40 years ago.

    ReplyDelete