Header

Header

Sunday 21 January 2024

Persian Heavies

Progress on the Persians has been a bit slow what with one thing and another, but I've managed to finish another unit of Persian cavalry. I've also managed to get my paws on a decent amount of the PB Persians as well as a few of the preceding S range, so with luck and a following wind we might see a playable army by the summer. 

Persian Heavies 

As you see, uniformity is my thing! I think what I'll do is stick to uniform colours for the household units - i.e. the satrapy regular troops and royal contingent - and mix it up a bit for the levied troops. 

Eyes front... shoulders back! 

I'm trying to go for 'colourful' without falling into the 'explosion in a paint factory' trap that lies in wait when painting these classical Persians. It's a thin line... 

Who is that Alexander kidding.. get 'im chaps


6 comments:

  1. They're looking good - coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed Rick…
    I like your choice of colours.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Aly - that was the key thing with these guys - getting there!

    ReplyDelete