Header

Header

Tuesday 2 November 2021

Some Cataloguery

I've just finished scanning and uploading the Minifigs 1972/73 catalogue into the Catalogue section and I thought I'd share this wonderful image of the cover. 


This is the first Minifigs catalogue that I remember and I'm sure I still have some of the models that my school friend Richard Halliwell and I mail ordered at the time. 

I'm going to add to the catalogue section when I get a chance - you can also find some other classic catalogues for Minifigs and other manufacturers on some of the useful vintage wargames sites on my 'useful websites' list. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cover, slightly from before I started gaming (1978). I'm one of those youngsters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's a bit like music - a few years makes all the difference doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes glorious cover Rick thanks for sharing, the earliest Minifigs catalogue I have is from '78, so looking forward to your proposed catalogue section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's under pages on the right hand side John :) So far I've scanned the 72/73 catalogue and the 75 catalogue - I have the 78 - there's an orange and a blue title version and I'm stumped to see much difference! It's the update sheets that are hard to find! I also have a good collection of Mil Mod and Battle magazine - and Wargamers Newsletter for that matter - so I'll be having a go at some adverts too at some point.

      Delete
    2. Ah, fool of a Took! Got them, thanks.
      Yes I too have a '78 one in blue as well as the orange one, can't tell what year, but it appears to have an expanded picture gallery for Fantasy, including the Aureola Rococo dragon and horse riders, and the 15m ranges compared to the blue one.
      Inserts, hen's teeth, all I have in these catalogues are the Summer '78 price sheet, and oddly a glossy one for Humbrol Railway colours......

      Delete